Everyone Deserves a Death Buddy By Aisha Adkins | The Order of the Good Death (April 27, 2019)"Our discussions ranged from the deep and somewhat ethereal, like what life after death is like, to the more practical, like whether or not people should tag dead friends on social media as though they are still living. We did not always share the same thoughts and ideology about death; Elly’s earthy spirituality did not align with my Christian-Judeo faith. But despite our different perspectives, we kept the conversation going."
"If you are interested in finding your own Death Buddy, I suggest you look for someone who:
- Has earned your trust and whose trust you have earned
- Will not judge you
- Respects your beliefs and boundaries
- Is willing to be frank and open
- Lets you mourn without making it about them
- Will not rush you through the grieving process
- And, knows how to balance the dark with the light."